Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Dear Mission Family

I have so many things going through my head right now. Essentially I just want the world to know and the Lord to know how much I love the Lord and how forever grateful I am to have had the great thrill of serving a mission. It has been the greatest 2 years of my entire life. I love missionary work! I know that it is the work of the Lord. I couldn't be happier. I have been so blessed throughout my mission the people that I have taught and met with have changed my life forever. I love California it owns my heart. I think my heart has grown at least ten sizes these last two years. If there would be one decision that I am happy and grateful I made it has been the decision I made to serve a mission. You know how all of us have something deep in the heart of our testimony that burns just a little stronger then other things. Whether its a power of prayer or the scriptures its different for each person. Well missionary work is right there in the heart of my testimony, and its not just because I'm wearing a name tag right now. When the Lord called me on a mission to years ago it was forever! I am a changed person now and I love it! The past two years have been the best. 
My favorite area would have to be when I was serving either hear in Vacaville because the word is really amazing. Over in Santa Rosa Shiloh park ward were I became so close to those that I was serving like the ward my converts and my companion Elder Buchan. I am so close to the people I taught there and there are some priest that I really saw there lives change. Lots of lives have been changed! Including my own. I am so grateful I have had such a wonderful springboard to the rest of my life of priesthood service in the church  I love Petaluma too. I was a greenie there so I always think I wasn't really as much understanding what was all going on but I have been able to see 2 of the people I taught there that got baptized. One is sealed in the temple now and one still does baptisms for the dead often. While I served in Crescent city I went through the furnace of affliction for sure, it was a trial that I wouldn't want to go back to but that I am so grateful for. In Vellejo I had some of the greatest times and had the greatest companion Elder Ramiah. He is the best. I will never forget the times when lives have been changed even saved at some times. I'm going to miss serving the missionaries the most I think sometimes. Being a leader on the mission has been such a great blessing. The missionaries are so great, I admire them, they are magnificent  I love them. There has been hard times, times that were so funny like when my companion complimented some guys dogs name that he didn't know because I had just told him my dogs name was Newman  Or the times that were tough and I felt like the world was against me. It seemed no body liked us. I love the people here, so many of them are just to "spiritual" for us. (that means one of two things they do yoga or they smoke pot) I LOVE THEM!  But being yelled at was heard but soo worth it! The times I remember most is times when the spirit would guide me. Times when it has truly filled my mouth and helped me solve my investigators concerns. Times when I could think of nothing but how much I love these people and the Lord. I love the scriptures too. I just couldn't be more grateful for all the things Heavenly Father has done fore me. It's amazing. I love my mission I thought this was something I was doing for God I realize now this is something He is doing for me. I don't have any more time and I have to go but I want you and Heavenly father and everyone else. I LOVE MY MISSION, I AM GRATEFUL FOR IT, I WILL ALWAYS BE A MISSIONARY. That is what I am and what I do. I love you all! I will be seeing you soon. I look forward to it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your words! You TRUELY are an inspiration! Thank you for all of your lessons of scripture. Thank you for all of your lessons that we're spirit guided. Thank you for all of your love, faith, compassion, strength, hope, truth, and guidance. Hopefully you give these things to yourself as well! Thank you for educating me further about LDS. Thank you for reminding me of my beliefs and making them more solid. Thank you for your poetry, your sense of humor and laughter. Thank you for being the wonderful missionary and friend that you always will be!
    Sister Josie Medina

    ReplyDelete