Thursday, April 26, 2012

DAILY BREAD "THE SECOND BOOK OF NEPHI"

4/24/12

Pages 52-54 1 Nephi 22:17 - 2 Nephi 1:13

I cant help but love the last verse in this section when Lehi begs us to "AWAKE" and shake off things that are holding us down. I love the motivation that it gives me. I know that we may all be locked up in chains and we make not even know it because slowly they come. Thats why I like it. Even writing this right now I realize that I have some chains that I need to shake off. DO YOU???

4/25/12

Pages 55-57 2 Nephi 1:14 - 2 Nephi 2:11

If any of you know me you know that I am a total "feel good" kinda guy. I love to love and I love to be loved. That being said its not hard to guess that verse 15 of chapter 1 is top of my list. I love imagining myself being encircled about in the Loving arms of Heavenly Father. Can you imagine that day? Ah man it'll be great! I testify that God does love us. No doubt about it. take time to feel that love! Ask God if he does love you. I know he will answer.

4/26/12

Pages 58-60 2 Nephi 2:12 - 2 Nephi 3:11

Adam fell that we might be and WE ARE THAT WE MIGHT HAVE JOY! Love it believe it recieve it.

4/27/12

Pages 61-63 2 Nephi 3:15 - 2 Nephi 4:23

I like verse 15 in chapter 3. It says " And his name shall be called after me; and it shall be after the name of his father. These verses are obviously talking about Joseph Smith. It is so amazing how great Gods plan is.  That even many years ago they knew that God would never completly forget us. That he would never forget us but that he would again call a prophet to direct us all as a whole. I know that Joseph Smith is a Prophet and that we have one on the earth today. I know this because I prayed to know and through the Holy Ghost I recieved a clear answer. You can to.

4/28/12

Pages 64-66 2 Nephi 4:24 - 2 Nephi 5:24

I love what happens all through the end of 2 Nephi chapter 4, it teaches us that we all make mistakes. I am somebody who often gets frustranted and upset at myself when I make mistakes. I get mad and begin to feel imperfect no matter how hard I try. But truth is we all make mistakes, even Nephi who was a prophet well known for his willingness to "go and do" (1 Nephi 3:7). Nobody is perfect. Something that I take from this is to brighten up love yourself. Plead with the Lord for help and you will recieve it.

4/29/12

Pages 67-69 2 Nephi 5:25 - 2 Nephi 7:4

2 Nephi 5 is a great chapter. Thes particular part is where Nephi consecrates Jacob and Joseph his younger brothers with priesthood authority. This is important, the Priesthood is always how Heavenly Father runs his church. The Priesthood is the power to act in the name of God. With it we are able to recieve revelation for the church as a whole. By doing this they "lived after the manner of happiness". I know that we can do that today as we follow the council of our leaders.

4/30/12

Pages 70-72 2 Nephi 7:5 - 2 Nephi 9:7

These chapters are all from Isaiah! I love Isaiah because it is so beautiful. Its hard to understand but so poetic. I love so many things in this like verse 13 in chapter 8 when it talks about how the Lord loves and cares for us and that he even worries for us that we may be ok. I also love when he prophisies of the coming of christ again and how there will be joy and singing. and how sorrow and mourning will flee away. What I like most though is 10 and 11 of chapter 7 because it talks about my blog. Walking in the light of the Lord. May we all do that very thing.



OK truth is I got REALLY  BUSY! Ive been doing my reading but due to transfers/new area/ new (AWESOME) companion/packing/unpacking/everything else I've been doing I fell short. This posts will be updated in the future but now we are going to skip up to a current post.

5/10/12


Pages 102-104 2 Nephi 26:14 - 2 Nephi 27:10

To me love is so important. I love verse 30 in chapter 26 were is says in a sense unless we have charity we have nothing. Have you ever heard the phrase "money cant buy love" that is so true. Money cant by happiness either. I remember the times that I felt best was when I had love. When I feel nothing its because I dont have Charity. Charity NEVER FAILS!

No comments:

Post a Comment