Monday, December 5, 2011

Dear Baptism Candidate

My Goal in this post is to lift and inspire those who have ever been invited to be baptized and wondered what it is, what it's like, and why. I have chosen to do this by sharing with you the Journal write of November 19th 2011. The Baptism  of  Henry. (name changed). I chose to do this simply because great things are learned through others experiences. I wittnessed the baptism of Henry and I felt the spirit while there. I hope to help you feel that same spirit as you read about a simple retired man who has chosen to make a promise with our loving Heavenly Father.

Missionary Journal 
Page 195   American Canyon                                                                                                                                 Date November 19th 2011 

Today was Henry's Baptism! It was so amazing. This was my very first time that I had been the Priesthood holder in bapitizing someone. I'm so Grateful for Henry. The whole day leading up to it I was so excited. Elder Ramiah and I simply could not believe that we were having a baptism. When the baptism started we sang a song chosen by Henry "Oh Come All Ye Faithful". There was a talk about baptism and the special convenant that we make. Then Henry and I went down into the Baptismal font. After I had immersed him into the water, Henry closed his eyes for a few seconds and said "....wow". It was so great, and the spirit was very strong.  Afterwards as Henry and I were changing back into some dry clothes I asked him the same question that my father asked me the day that I was baptized when I was eight years old. I said to him "how do you feel Henry? Do you feel different?". After taking a moment Henry aswered back "Believe it or not I do, I feel great... I feel excellent!" He was so happy and he was so grateful for those that supported him. 


Oh this brings me so much joy! What a blessing, Zion is Growing! To say the least today was so exhiliarating. We had a few members from the ward come to support Henry and also there were a whoping 12 Elders there to congradulate him. Many of them had the opportunity to teach him at one time or another. Henry was so cool and he could not wait to show his family his baptism program. I love him. I love how true this gospel is. Each of the speakers at his baptism talked alot about enduring to the end, this was awesome. Elder Ramiah and I were so excited. It was the perfect ending to our memorable time together serving as companions. What a great last saturday for us. I love Henry, I love Elder Ramiah, I love my Savior Jesus Christ and watching others fullfill His Doctrine. I am so grateful for this day, to see other's truly live the Gospel of Jesus Christ. What a great day! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing Elder Millard!!! :) You guys are doing an amazing work!

    ReplyDelete